Safe Kids-Springfield Events
Back-to-School Safety Reminders
School is back in session around the Ozarks and now is a great time to remind drivers and students about safety to and from school. Whether it is riding a school bus, using the drop-off lane, or walking to school, it is important that students and parents understand their roles. Check out our website for some great tips to make it a safe school year!
Join us on Wednesday & hear from Springfield Fire about fire safety & closed door messaging
Our monthly meeting will be held on Wednesday, August 17th at 10:00 am at the Mercy Home Health building, 1570 W. Battlefield, Suite 110. Guests are always welcome.
Look Before You Lock!
Southwest Missouri is not immune to heat-related vehicle deaths to children. In fact, last month a child from McDonald County died as a result of being trapped inside a vehicle that he had climbed into during play. A vehicle rescue occurred in Republic last Wednesday when a father forgot his child in the back seat when temperatures were over 90 degrees. Please use the materials on our website to help educate families about looking in the back seat when they exit the vehicle and to keep their vehicles locked at all times.
CPS Class & Seat Check Saturday
Safe Kids Springfield is hosting another Child Passenger Safety Technician course in September. Class dates will be Sept. 13-15 and the event will be held on Sept 17th as part of our CPS Week kickoff!
The Seat Check Saturday event will be held at Kohl’s on E. Independence St. in south Springfield.
To register for the CPS course, visit http://cert.safekids.org and search for class MO20160804758.
Safe Kids Springfield, Mercy Injury Prevention Center, 1570 W. Battlefield, Suite 110, Springfield, MO 65807
Care To Learn:
Two fundraisers happening NOW! Your donation, through August will be tripled thanks to supporters. Also, CTL is selling raffle tickets for a beef. See flyers below for details:
**WOW!!!** Check this out and donate any amount to Care To Learn-Clever today! Every penny counts-COUNTS TRIPLE for August! **
EduLawn & Landscape, LLC is adding an additional match to the current online promotion! Go over and like their page, then go online and make a donation to CTL; your donation will be TRIPLED! Thank you EduLawn for your continued support of Care to Learn! Support this company as they continue to help out our community. Contact them for your lawn care needs and call for a free estimate today!
**Message EduLawn after you make your donation so they can include your donation in their matching donation!
Click here to make your online donation: http://caretolearnfund.org/donate/
Because of the generosity of King Farms and Old Field Packing, Care to Learn is raffling a beef (including the processing)!
The drawing will take place at the 2016 Blue & White Basketball Game in November.
Tickets will be available to purchase in all building offices, as well as these businesses in Clever; Gordon’s Feed & Pet, Old School Auto Part, Pit Stop and Southern Bank. We will also be at several school and athletic events this fall.
Grant Opportunity: Orthodontics
The Weaver Orthodontic Grant provides three scholarships annually for full treatment orthodontic services for individuals who meet the following criteria:
- Applicant must be within the age range of 10 to 30 years of age, with a full set of permanent teeth already in place.
- Applicant must be within the service area of the Community Foundation of the Ozarks (southern Missouri Ozarks region).
- Applicant must be within driving range of and the ability to travel to the participating orthodontist’s offices in the Springfield Metro Area for the full 20 to 30+ month timeline for optimum treatment outcomes and must have a means of transportation to orthodontic appointments through a parent or guardian or have the ability to self-transport.
- Applicants must have access to a general dentist who will continue to provide cleaning and maintenance requirements during the span of treatment by the orthodontist.
- Financial need of applicant must be established through eligibility for participation in the Federal Free Lunch program through the school they attend or, if not in school, proof of qualification for Medicaid.
Find more information and the application at: http://cfozarks.org/weaver/
I’ll be playing at Danny’s on Saturday, September 17th from 6 to 9p. I’d love to have you come out to see me.